If you are passionate about teaching the next generation, reach out to us!
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
Area Manager – Drama Teacher (Drama, Performing Arts or Acting Teachers)
A unique opportunity for a self-motivated person to join our entrepreneurial, fun & supportive team in a part time or full time management position.
0.7 Part Time or Full Time position.
WHAT WE DO
Super Speak is an exciting and engaging public speaking & drama program that helps children aged 6 – 15 develop greater confidence, communication skills and creativity for life. More than 34,000 students have attended Super Speak classes across 15 venues in Melbourne since 2006.
We have an exciting role for an additional Area Manager to join our team in a 0.7 permanent part time or full-time employment position.
You will report to the principal and be responsible for either our North/West Melbourne territory or our South/East Melbourne territory which typically has between 550-600 students each.
Time is split between attending & managing venues across your territory and working from our office which is based in Malvern East.
The role consists of
- Venue & class operational management
- Teacher management
- Enrolment management
- Teacher & parent communication
- Office support & general administration
- Venue hire management
WHO YOU ARE
You have a strong background in teaching or performing arts and have gravitated toward education because you believe in the power of speech & drama to positively affect the lives of young people.
You could be a junior performer or teacher with a can-do attitude, smarts and a natural aptitude for teaching; or you may be an experienced teacher exploring a change outside the schooling system into a more entrepreneurial, hands-on and practical role; or you could be an actor looking for a change away from acting into a more stable employment opportunity. If you are an actor/performer looking to change towards more stable employment, you will need to be able to commit to the role with a minimum 3 year view, otherwise this role will not be suitable for you.
You must have the ability to be flexible with when you work each week to reflect the needs of your territory. For example, for weeks that you need to be at your venues, you will spend more time attending your venues in the afternoon/evenings and will work less time in the office. For other weeks when your venues are settled, you will spend more time in the office during business hours and less time at the venues. You will be comfortable being “hands-on” to ensure your territory is operating smoothly and that your teachers are well supported. You will travel between your venues within your territory as required.
- experience teaching children aged 6 – 15 years
- a fun, professional nature and able to relate well to children and parents
- excellent verbal communication skills, organizational skills & attention to detail
- a positive “can do” attitude, proactive nature and a commitment to quality output
- either a Work With Children Check card or a VIT registration
- a reliable car & driver’s license
- a proficiency in Microsoft word & excel
- A positive, friendly & rewarding work environment
- Attractive salary package reflecting your experience
- Full curriculum & lesson plans
- Training, support & opportunities to develop new skills
Please email your resume, cover letter, phone number & residential address to email@example.com. Please demonstrate your attention to detail by ensuring that your cover letter is in the body of the email (not as an attachment).
Applications close 20 April 2019.
Super Speak was established in 2006 and offers a structured drama & public speaking programme to groups of children & youth aged 6 – 15. More than 34,000 children have attended Super Speak since then.
Our team is passionate, dedicated and committed to providing an excellent service to students, parents and schools across Melbourne.
We are currently seeking more great drama teachers to join our team in Melbourne. As we continue to look to open venues in new locations, all expressions of interest are welcome.
Opportunities also exist for high level teachers with management experience who are wanting to explore their entrepreneurial side in a more permanent teacher/manager position at Super Speak. Please contact us for more details.
We would like to hear from you if you are:
- A qualified and experienced Drama, Speech and Drama, English or Performing Arts teacher.
- Enthusiastic about having a positive impact on young people’s lives
- A vibrant energetic and positive person
- Interested in developing your own public speaking and drama skills
- Available after school hours (usually 4-7pm) and / or Saturdays.
- A car owner
- Looking for a positive and fun working environment
- Available to work for a minimum 18 month period
We offer training and provide full curriculum and lesson plans.
Classes are usually held week nights between 4-7pm and during the day on Saturdays across Melbourne.
To express your interest in joining our team please contact us via email at info(at)superspeak.com.au or (03) 9572 5249.
More info about our teachers can be found here.
- Michael Stamford, Parent, Glen Iris
"It has given her confidence and a wonderful way of expressing herself"
- Sophie, Student, Mt Waverley
"I love it! It is so much fun. I want to Super Speak every day!"
- Justine Mackey, Parent, Kew
"He gets such positive energy from each class."
- James, Student, Canterbury
"I am much more confident in speaking in front of people."
- Rohan, Parent, Ashburton
"She has started taking on leadership roles at school which she never did before."
- Hannah, Parent, Glen Iris
"It is hands down the most worthwhile & best quality activity Eve has done."
- Richard, Parent, Glen Waverley
"The program is fantastic. I am so glad that he is a part of this experience."