No matter what your age, being able to persuade and influence your audience during a speech is a key skill that can help you effectively communicate & deliver your message to others for any speech and in life in more generally.
Here, we take a look at ten tips to help you persuade and influence an audience when giving a speech.
Ten Tips for Persuading and Influencing Your Audience:
- Thoroughly understand and research your topic and the perspectives of your audience.
- Use clear and concise language to communicate your ideas.
- Support your arguments with evidence and examples.
- Use persuasive techniques, such as repetition and rhetorical questions.
- Engage your audience with emotional appeals.
- Be confident and passionate in your delivery.
- Practice and prepare thoroughly before your presentation.
- Use effective body language and nonverbal communication.
- Engage with your audience and encourage participation.
- End your presentation with a strong call to action or conclusion.
By focusing on each of these 10 areas, you will be able to more effectively persuade and influence your audience as a public speaker and more broadly in life.
At Super Speak, our award winning program teaches children aged 6-14 public speaking & presentation skills. We teach children how to persuade and influence others amongst many other things! Our fun learning program incorporates both public speaking & drama to ensure our students gain broader learning outcomes to help them in and out of the classroom. We have a teaching team with unmatched experienced and the most comprehensive curriculum in Australia. We teach our classes in a style that is fun, supportive & high energy! Our students learn to be more confident & capable public speakers & everyday communicators for life. Check out Super Speak Public Speaking Program here and join over 60,000 other children who have trusted Super Speak since 2006.